Monday, December 14, 2009

Underwater Digital Photography

Have you ever been interested in how photographers take underwater digital photos without totally ruining their camera, I know I did!  Until just a few months ago I had no idea how photographers took photos underwater or what type of gear they used to get the job done.  I guess in my mind I picture so complicated device that probably cost thousands of dollars just to obtain.

Apparently when photographers want to take photos underwater they rely on special camera housing instruments that are 3 times the size of the camera itself and when used properly are completely waterproof.  I have seen many different models of underwater photography gear in the past but never really saw any in action let alone used one (they are pretty expensive FYI).  Yesterday while surfing the net I visited Chase Jarvis's blog (a professional photographer) and saw an awesome video that he posted which show's him and his friends testing out an underwater photography device in a backyard pool.  The end results are amazing I definitely encourage you to check out his video here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment